Sunday, November 18, 2007

ouch!

This past week has been a big week for Mason! On Monday, he went to the doctor for his two month check-up and received shots! OUCH! I have never seen a human face turn purple before! Poor little guy, he was not happy AT ALL! It felt good to scoop him up and comfort him after he was stuck with three needles ....

This was also a big week for Mason as he had his first plane ride! On Wednesday, Mason and I headed out to Virginia (where I currently am). We flew Southwest and Mason was an absolute prince the whole time! He even waited to poop his pants until we arrived at our destination (my brother's house)! What a good boy .....

The last couple of days have entailed happy chaos! Between Mason and my brother's two children, Rudy (6 weeks old) and Ella (21 months) we have had screaming banjos in the car, toddler meltdown in the portrait studio, and "mommy, mommy, MOMMY" yelled at the top of the decipal chart! Having a house full of young children has been trying, but truly a joy at the same time. My brother's little 
girl, Ella, is the cutest thing since Christmas ... she is truly a delight and has the ability to put a smile on the sourest of faces. She referrs to Santa Clause as "Ho" ... we have to be careful where and to whom she exclaims that expression!

Mason and I have had the opportunity to partake in some pretty cool activities since we have been out in Virginia. My brother (as many people know) flys C2's for the Navy. The day before yesterday, Mason and I headed out to an air field in the middle of nowhere to watch "Field Carrier Practice Landings" or more commonly referred to as FCPL's ... basically, I was able to stand right next to the runway while a 500,000 lb turbo prop plane did touch-n-go's ... it was pretty damn cool! I have more pictures and video of the experience, but have had trouble uploading it since I am using my brother's Mac.  For some reason, the Kodak gallery is operating really slow on his computer as well!

Anyhow, our babysitters have woken up and Tim and I are on our way to Washington DC (without Mason) for an over night escape ... we are staying in a hotel right next to the White House! I am sure we will have some great pictures to share in my next post.
Until then, I hope this finds you all doing well!
Love,
Jenn, Tim and Mason

1 comment:

Angel said...

I am so happy you guys are all having fun!! Happy Thanksgiving! GOBBLE GOBBLE!!! ~Angel~