Thursday, October 2, 2008

ONE YEAR!!

On September 19th, Mason turned one year old! It amazes me to look at my baby and think that one year ago he was just coming into our world. Our little family has been transformed in the most beautiful way. Words can't express the joy and fulfillment that Mason has brought to Tim and me. Yes, the joy and fulfillment is laced with frustration, sleepless nights, worry, and sometimes fear - but the journey is well worth the rewards.

The Friday of his birthday, Mason and I relaxed and played the day away. His friends at daycare threw him a little party and we brought yummie cupcakes for all the little ones to enjoy. Mason even had a little of my cupcake. Mason's big one-year birthday party was the next day, on Saturday.

We were able to have the party at my parent's house (thank goodness) and were able to enjoy the company of 50+ family members and friends. It was wonderful to share that time with people who have loved and supported us throughout the past year's journey. Mason had a great time at his bash. He enjoyed his birthday cake and I considered myself lucky that he didn't fall asleep in his high chair before his cake was served. We had a pinata that entertained all the
 little ones (as well as the little ones disguised in adult-sized bodies) .....
 you can check out pictures from the party (and the last month of September) at the following link: 


Mason is crawling all over the place now ... and he's pretty fast, too. He isn't walking yet and doesn't really show any signs of being too interested. He does, however, pull himself up on objects and balances himself pretty well ...
....He has four teeth and I believe that it won't be too long before we see two more come through. He has his one year well-baby appointment coming up later in October, I plan on posting stats, etc. after the appointment.

Well, a year has come to a close. I thank all of you in being a part
 of my blog-journey. Although I am going to continue posting now and again with pictures and videos, I probably won't be sending out e-mail notifications about updates ... so if you ever want to check-in and see what we are up to, visit our little site!



I hope this finds you all doing well!

With Love,
Jenn, Tim and Mason 

 

No comments: