Sunday, November 1, 2009

October

I love the month of October! The light shines in a way that reflects a golden hue and the air has a slight hint of smoke and spice. The crisp evenings have made my pregnancy hot flashes much more tolerable, as well. I am sad to see October go as it is one of my favorite months; however, the end of October also signifies November and the realization that Makenna's due date is drawing nearer.

This month hosted many activities for us. Tim and I took in a Rascal Flats concert (which was AWESOME) and took a quick day trip over to Novato to meet our newest nephew, Jacob John Lilledahl! JJ was born on October 25th at 1:31 pm; he was 7 pounds, 11 ounces and 21" long! He was due to arrive later in the week; I was very excited that he came early as it allowed me to make the trip over to meet him! We were very happy to see that both he and Kara were doing well after her labor (she pushed for 2 1/2 hours)! He is the cutest little cuss and I can't wait to spend more time with him at Thanksgiving!

Mason and I did several activities together this month. We had a play date at the zoo (in costume, of course), went to the pumpkin patch, decorated pumpkins at Auntie Crystal's house and went trick-or-treating with daddy (to name a few).

Mason wasn't too hot into trick-or-treating this year as he wasn't a fan of his bee costume. He seemed to tolerate it as long as the hood wasn't over his head. He did make it to one house before we surrendered and took him to Auntie Crystal's to have some dinner. Tim and I stayed pretty close to home this year as Makenna has officially dropped into the chute and we didn't want to stray too far from home.

Tim and I have been busy getting ourselves ready for the arrival of Makenna May. We have been doing many "housekeeping" type chores ranging from getting the cars smogged and registered, to fixing leaky toilets, faucets and gutters. We are pretty much ready for her arrival, save for Tim completing a few more lesson plans for school.

Mason started sleeping in his "big boy bed" this month and is now fully transitioned into his new room. He loves the giant leaf over his bed and feels like he is sleeping in the jungle. We're making progress on Makenna's room, slowly but surely. My mom finished painting the walls last week and I have washed and put away all the clothes. The last bit of work needed consists of hanging pictures and putting the final decorative touches into the space. All-in-all, we would be good to go if our little bundle came tomorrow.

I have posted pictures from October that can be viewed at the following link:


Hopefully, the next post will have pictures and details regarding the birth of our little Makenna May! Wish us luck!

Much Love,
Jenn, Tim and Mason


No comments: