Tuesday, August 14, 2007

4 weeks to go

Hello from preger land .....
I thought I would just post a little update with a few pictures taken this past weekend ....


This past Saturday, my good friend of 22 years (Angela) was married here in Sacramento. We were fortunate the summer heat was on vacation somewhere besides Sacramento (I think it parked itself in the form of a heat wave on the East coast). I was excited to be involved with Angie's wedding even though I couldn't be in the wedding party - I followed her around during the day and helped in any way I could. Her wedding was truly beautiful and my round belly behaved itself throughout the day. I did have to confess to Tim that I had a love affair that night .... that is, with the buffet that was served during the reception. Olive bread, salad, fresh fruit (two helpings), shrimp salad, salmon in cream sauce, prime rib, and two pieces of wedding cake ... not to mention the three shirley temples and two cups of decaf coffee I had to wash it all down! Ogh what the hell ... I am pregnant, and if there was any time to indulge and treat myself it is when I am eight months pregnant and have been waddling after a bride all day!


Sunday found me pretty tired and sore from my "hyena" and previous day activities.... It was my mom's birthday and my Aunt Dorothy and two cousins, Jamie and Kim came down from Chico. They brought my dresser that Dorothy re-finished (the last piece of furniture for the nursery) and then we all took a trip to Ikea. Against my better judgment - I decided to brave Ikea on a Sunday with them. After all, it is not that often that I get to see my aunt and cousins! We enjoyed a late lunch (I took it easy with a ham and cheese sandwich, chocolate milk and a banana since I was still full from the previous evening!) .... I found a nice straw chaise lounge downstairs and waited for the girls while they wound themselves through the maze of furniture madness. I must say, I had the best seat in the joint! I would like to say the picture makes me look fatter than I am, but the truth is that I am getting BIG! Just call me big mama! No ... actually, that might not be such a good idea these days :o) Yesterday, I found myself sobbing uncontrollably while watching The Bridge to Terabithia as one of the main characters died during the movie. Oy-vey, gotta love the prego hormones!


Anyhow, the picture of the nursery is fast approaching. I have made progress over the past few days now that the dresser has arrived!


I hope you all are doing well !

Hugs -Jenn

No comments: