Thursday, October 4, 2007

The other pea - no longer in the pod!!

What did I say about when it rains, it pours?? As many of you know, my brother flies C2's for the Navy and is expected back from Bahrain this Friday afternoon. Both Jon and Emily were hoping he would be back in time for the birth of their first son, Rudy James Kalbach.

Well, God had different plans .... Rudy James was born this morning! Emily welcomed Rudy into the world around 9:30am eastern time ... although Jon wasn't at the hospital for the birth, he was able to be on the phone while she pushed.

Emily's labor went very well. She labored for 4 hours and pushed for approximately 15 minutes. She was already 7 centimeters dilated when she arrived at the hospital and they were still able to administer an epidural. Rudy is 8 pounds, 6 ounces and is 19 3/4 inches long - - he also has a good set of pipes on him as he was "sayin' it proud" during his bath when I spoke to Emily on the phone!!

The icing on the cake?? Emily and Jon welcomed Rudy in to our world on the 8th anniversary of Emily's mother's passing from cancer. The Lord works in very mysterious ways, indeed!

I am sure some of you (family) will have a personal account of the details in the coming days from Emily .... however, since I am such a proud Auntie, I had to spill my guts and tell the story NOW! (Hopefully, I didn't steal Emily's thunder!) I know that it can be difficult reaching out and telling everyone after just having a baby .... but Emily has the extra element of a MIA husband... so I am going out on a limb and guessing it is OK to tell the story in my blog!!

OK, proud auntie is signing off for now!
I hope this finds each of you doing well!

Love,
Jenn

P.S. Mason is doing just fine and is grunting and stretching in his bassinet as I type!

1 comment:

Our Growing Family said...

Very exciting! I was emailing Emily last night and she was up with her pain, which turned into birth!! Thanks for sharing! We're so excited and can't wait to see pictures of little Rudy James!